Are you interested in finding out more about Boothstown Medical Centre?
Would you like to influence the development of local services?
The Medical Centre has a Patient Participation Group, so why not come along to discuss your ideas and hear about any planned changes.
We welcome all age groups, so if you would like to come along to a meeting, or if you have any queries with regard to the Patient Participation Group, then please either contact the PPG group
Any comments and suggestions can be made via the above email address.
Please do not include any personal details.
PPG Terms of Reference
- Contribute to practice decision-making and will consult on service development and provision.
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary.
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice – representing patients but also helping them to understand the practice’s viewpoint.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the Practice evaluate its services.
- Assist the Practice and its patients by arranging voluntary group / support within the Community / Practice.
- Communicate information about the Community that may affect healthcare.
- Encourage patients to give a voice in the organisation of their care.
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the Practice and promoting preventative medicine.
- Influence the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally.
- Give feedback to Wigan CCG on consultations and at focus groups etc.
- Liaise with other PPGs in the locality by having a representative attend the PPG network meetings, TABA, Patients’ Forum etc.